Reader Valinda Mullin shares a clever DIY hack that allows her to raise healthy, happy meat rabbits in a mobile pen.
This DIY rabbit tractor will help you raise healthy, happy rabbits.
~ Photo by Valinda Mullin ~
By Valinda Mullin
I thought it’d be great to have a tractor for raising meat rabbits, just like people do with their chickens. I started by gathering up recycled supplies that I’d been saving for this purpose and then got to work.
• 1 1⁄4-inch screws for wooden frame
• 1 sheet of plywood
• 3⁄4-inch fencing staples
• 2-by-3-inch welded wire mesh for bottom (use 1-by-2-inch welded wire if you’ll be raising small meat rabbits)
• 1⁄2-inch hardware cloth for sides
• 1 center-mounted wheel (2 wheels if using a side-by-side design)
• 2-by-2s for handles
• 3-inch screws for handles
• Lightweight sheet metal for roof
View original post 537 more words